Tuesday 19 September 2017

Side Effects of Traveling with My Partner Every Time



Being a Delhi-ite, I was always habitual of having my own space. And the definition of that space meant that whenever I would want to be alone, I would just shut down from the world. Completely! And that too without feeling guilty about it. But since the day I got married, I have not been able to get an inch of that space, and I must confess that I have nothing to complain. Just a week of my marriage had made me realize that I couldn’t live with my wife, Neetu and neither could I live without her! Being with her was a strange combination of love and irritation. 

After a year of our sweet and sour married life, both of us decided to quit our corporate jobs and take up travel as our full-time occupation. Doubtlessly, we had to face significant protests from our family, but we managed to convince them. Had we been single, we would have to convince our families until death about our decision, but I must say that just a stamp of marriage in the Indian society works wonders. We did not have to put in much efforts to talk our parents into our choice. They just hesitated for a while and then happily agreed. Their only concern was the safety of my wife, which I assured them that I would take care of her at all times.

Being in India, we have to take extra caution to be on the safe side at all times, because of which Neetu feels irritated at times. We also have our own share of arguments, surprises, and sincere pranks, which keep our relationship alive. On our journeys throughout the world, we have met several couples who have much more experience of travel than us, but they are still very grounded beings than us. It feels great to be with such people and learn from them. 

Being in the constant company of my wife does make me miss my bachelorhood, but it is a great feeling to be with her. I must say I am lucky that she shares the same ideology as mine. We want the same things from life, have the same taste for food, and the same liking for people. All these factors make it easy to be with each other. We do fight at times, but those arguments are just a way to vent out the frustration that builds up with time.

Traveling every time with the same person is not easy. There were times when we did not have a car, and we would look for Self-Driven Cars on Rent in Delhi if we wanted more comfort. Otherwise, we would ditch the Car rental in Delhi and just take a train to our destination. Various experiences have taught us how to adjust in meager means as well as have a lavish life when we have a big budget. All in all, I am happy that I have learned the ways to overcome the side effects of being married and found out how to stay relaxed at all times with my beloved.

No comments:

Post a Comment