Monday 9 October 2017

How My Dad Deals With Unexpected Episodes during Travel



Having a composed and relaxed temperament at all times is not an easy job, particularly in our times when we do not have any patience to deal with unexpected incidences. I don't claim that my dad is the best person in the world, but he means the world to me. I have seen him dealing with several instances in life that can make anyone wonder from does he bring so much of strength and patience.

I become particularly picky when I have to travel to any place in the world. The anxiety of leaving something behind takes me over, and it becomes difficult for me to hide my frustration and irritation with things. At the age of twenty-three, I behave like a 10-year old kid in front of my parents, and it is my father who calms me down. Last month, we were planning a road trip to Coorg, and my father suggested to take a Car Rental in Bangalore without Driver so that we can experience a new car this time. Although I was not against the idea, my dad sensed it that I was not in favor either. I always preferred taking a driver along with us so that none of us gets tired driving the car. Anyway, he was adamant this time, and it was my duty to take the delivery of the car from a particular pickup point.

When we were about to leave at seven in the morning, we got a call from the car rental company that the driver who was supposed to deliver the vehicle was stuck somewhere and it will take some time to send the car to us. So the trip had not even begun, and we had started arguing at home. As usual, I started blaming others that it was their idea to Rent Cars in Bangalore and now we were stuck at home. We could not even take the chauffeur-driven car because we had already paid for the Self-Drive Car. Nevertheless, my dad was calm and unruffled as usual. He made me sit, handed over a glass of water to me, and asked me to show the itinerary. He justified the company’s act that they are also humans working for a company and they are allowed to make mistakes. We just sat there for a few minutes talking about random things and then he remade our itinerary according to the delay in departure. 

He has a habit of not making a fuss out of simple problems. When people like me lose our temper, he magically maintains his cool. He would either keep a poker face or even laugh at the situation. God knows where he draws his strength from, but he is amazing at handling life. Otherwise being very loving by nature, my mother is a little high tempered by nature (I guess this is where my temperament comes from). I feel amazed to notice that my father has hardly ever got angry with her. Whether it was the matter of Self-Drive Car Rental Bangalore or several other silly incidents in their twenty-five years of married life, he has managed to handle their married life really well.

I am no one to judge anyone for their habits, nature, preferences, or temperament. Nonetheless, after meeting thousands of people in life, I feel proud to be the daughter of such a gentleman who knows how to deal with the toughest situations in life unlike others. After waiting for three hours that morning, the Self-Drive Car finally arrived at our doorstep, and the driver had a bouquet with chocolates tucked in it. It brought a cheerful smile on my face, and my father again established it that the company runs with humans. No robotic establishment could have delivered the car with such a delightful gesture as compensation for their little slip-up. I, once again, learned a lesson to let go petty matters and take delight in the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment