Wednesday 25 October 2017

How My Husband Became My Best Travel Partner



Being a wife was never an easy task, and it was not so in my case as well. When I was in college, I never wanted to marry for the fear of losing my freedom. I was having a ball in my life when I started realizing that the pressure to get married was building up. Since I could not dodge the matter for too long, I began meeting guys. It was utterly unexpected from me that I would fall in love with someone so smoothly in no time. I met a person in a pub in Delhi, who had come to meet me in Pajamas. I was awestruck to meet such a person who would not care what people, especially a girl who might become his bride, would think about him. He was least bothered with his clothes, but his personality and speech spoke volumes about him.

Within half an hour, we both realized that we were heading in the right direction. He also wanted an independent female who would not depend too much on him or cling to him at all times. We found each other just perfect for each other, and I knew from Day One that I do not need to pretend anything in front of this person. He will let me be however I wanted and support me in pursuing my desires.

One of the main things that I never wanted to leave after marriage was travel. Roaming around in different cities and countries is my favorite thing to do, and I still had a lot of things to accomplish on my bucket list. After a week of talking to this amazing person I had met in my favorite city, I told him about my wish list. I was not surprised when he said to me that he also had such a similar record, and we shared many of the common interests.

We did not have to convince each other too much to do the matchless things we had thought of doing. He also wanted to live his bachelorhood after marriage just like me, so we decided to live like singles for the next 3-5 years. No doubt that he lived up to his words and he never forced me to follow the orthodox traditions of Indian society. The first trip was, of course, our honeymoon, when we went to Bali. The first naughty thing we did was to steal food from someone else's table in a restaurant. Many other such incidents happened when we fathomed that none of us had lost the freedom. By getting married, we had just found a stable life partner in each other. 

For our bi-annual fancy dinners in the  city, we would take Self-Driven Cars on Rent in Delhi and spend time at an exotic restaurant. This gave us the opportunity to drive vivid models of luxury cars and SUVs. Just by using the Car rental in Delhi, we have explored more than a dozen vehicles in the last few years. We have been to the hills, beaches, and crowded cities of India. I must confess that over the previous three years of our marriage, I have never regretted my decision to tie a knot with this person. Even though we have had our share of fights and arguments, I have never missed my single life. Just by having a right person in life changes the meaning of your existence forever. I might have accomplished fewer things in my bachelorhood had I remained unmarried for another few years. After being with my husband for a good deal of time, I look forward to many more anniversaries with him in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment