Monday 4 December 2017

Being Twenty-Something and Not Going Broke to Go for a Vacation

Not being penniless in my twenty-something has been the most significant achievement of my life until now. Although the student life in my teens felt awesome, sometimes it felt terrible to feel almost broke. No matter how much money my father would deposit in my account, my pockets would always be empty just like a typical student studying in a different city than the hometown. Now that I have started earning a decent income after college, I feel at least a little relieved that I do not have to ask for money from my Dad. I would rather be able to send money home after a few years of being in a job. 

Since this is my first job as an IT engineer, the environs around me are quite standard as it would be in an IT company. My office is located on the outskirts of Noida, and I live in a rented accommodation with my friends. With some amount of income in hand, I always feel like I can have a good lifestyle. I cannot give much attention to seemingly unnecessary things, and I do not want to regret my decisions in life. Therefore, I try to take careful decisions with informed choices. 

In my early teens, I would always think about going for a vacation, but money was always an issue. Even if I would try to make a plan, my first concern was to think about not getting broke.  Nowadays, albeit the supply of money is not unlimited, I can still make an effort to go out for 2-3 vacations in a year. The time spent with the family and friends means a lot to me; I understand that with each passing year, I might lose the time that I would never get back.

My first road trip after I joined the job was headed to Rishikesh; I went there with my friends to do white water rafting and Bungee Jumping. Everything we did there was just unforgettable. We could do anything that we wanted for the two days we had in hand in Rishikesh. Sitting on the white sand on the riverside, watching people frolicking in the Ganga River, and talking to the friends was the best feeling ever. The first vacation always remains most memorable, despite the number of voyages we take later.

The next time, I made a plan to go to Nainital with my family. It is impossible to explain the pride I felt when I could make expenses for my family. It feels speechless to have your own money in your pocket, spend it on your family, and see the gratification on their faces. They feel speechless to express the delight they feel when they realize that their kids are gradually becoming self-dependent. I can do the spending forever to see that smile on the faces of my parents.

The last trip that I took this year was headed to Pune. After partying a lot for more than a year, I felt like relaxing in the lap of nature. I had never been to South India, so I decided to take a quaint road trip this time. With my friend who works in the city, I took a Self-Drive Car Rental Pune and went to a couple of places to explore the southern region of India. No doubt that I like the hills of the North, but I also fell in love with the beaches of the South in the country. I reassured myself that in the next three years, I would take at least one trip every year to this region, without going broke! 

No comments:

Post a Comment