Thursday 19 April 2018

Talking About My Experience of RVing in India


I had put a lot of thought before coming to India and putting my life's earnings in an RV to travel around the country. India is a vast country, and I wanted to explore it thoroughly while staying for several weeks at a place. Working online for a publication house lets me be in any corner of the world, and still make a decent living. Nevertheless, investing in an RV is a crucial decision, but I decided in favor of it because I did not want to spend a fortune on hotels and guest houses for the next three years in India. Despite the ups and downs of traveling in an RV with my friend, Sunny, I love my life and would like to continue it, maybe forever.

Small space

We knew it already that traveling in an RV means we have to adjust in very congested area for a long time, maybe years in length. However, when we first entered our RV in Pune, we were shocked to adjust to the presence, rather absence, of things. Bunk bed is tiny, hardly any space to walk around, the basin is too small to wash the dishes, and I don't want to talk about the little bathroom and toilet! Nevertheless, living in such a small space has taught Sunny and me to be minimalistic. We have learned to live with minimum possible means, and expect less from people. We can be okay with just a few of clothes for the entire season, and the changes in trends do not bother us. With just a few ingredients, we can manage to cook a wide range of cuisines. That reminds me, traveling around the country has made us an expert cook in a variety of local cuisines.

Full-time vacation is a myth

My peers back there in the hometown think that I am a full-time traveler who has got a lot of funds to travel the world for months. However, the truth is that I have to set up a routine to wake up, eat, work, and sleep. Otherwise, I will not be able to sustain myself and bear the expenses of being on the road. I wake up early each morning, do my morning prayers, eat my breakfast after the bath, and then sit down to work for 5-6 hours. Although I can take breaks during my office hours, I don't do it because I have to spend 2-3 hours in the evening to complete my work. I prefer to finish my office work in time so that I can enjoy my evenings without any stress. I have also allotted week offs and holidays for myself to live a normal life. Even if I get to travel forever without worrying about money, I cannot do it because it feels so useless to live like that. I like to work and then take a holiday than do it vice- versa. 

By now, I have been to thirty Indian cities with Sunny, and none of us feels tired of that. We enjoy our lives on the road and look forward to experiencing more of that. In the initial days, I used to maintain a record of places we have visited and things we have done. However, now I feel that I will never be able to see everything no matter how many years I spend behind the wheel. While I have also traveled in Car Rental Pune, local train in Mumbai, and buses around the state; I love RVing like nothing else and will continue to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment