Thursday 10 May 2018

Travel Tips That I Learned From My Elder Sister


When you are young, many factors play a role to transform your personality. You always have someone in your life whom you admire and look up to become like that person. This admirable person in my life is my sister, who is eight years elder to me. She has done such unconventional things in life that have inspired many others around her. She is a great academic learner who has learned three foreign languages on her own just by traveling to different countries. While seeing her go around the world, the travel bug bit me when I was in my first year of college. Since I had her backing, there was no one to stop me from traveling unlike her initial days of struggle. She has given me, through her actions and words, such tips to sustain my life that I find it incredibly effortless to deal with life while traveling.

Protect your skin

Just because you are traveling, it is not an excuse not to take care of your skin. Whether you are a male or a female, you ought to protect your skin from harmful elements around us. Since India is a polluted country, especially in urban and semi-urban cities, we must pay attention to the health of our body from inside and outside. I resort to natural means to rejuvenate my skin every Sunday, just like she does.

Eat healthy foods

Only outer protection is not enough for the body and skin. Didi has taught me to cook myself so that I can eat healthy whenever I am out of the house. I make it a point to buy fresh vegetables and fruits so that I don’t have to depend on the fast food on the streets. I cut the fruits, mix them, and put them in at least two tiffin boxes that I can carry comfortably. Whenever I feel hungry, I have great stuff to fill my stomach.

Do not gossip

Whether I am in my city or traveling outside, I do not indulge in gossip, no matter what. Unless I am sure about facts, I make sure that I do not talk about vague facts. It is essential to stay away from such things because they pollute one's mind and lead to unnecessary brawls.

Think carefully and take your decisions

When I was growing up, just like other adolescents, I would crave for one thing on one day, and some other stuff the next morning. Didi educated me to think clearly about things before making efforts to achieve them. She wanted me to think clearly about a situation and realize if I wanted it in reality or not. When I wished to pursue my dream to become a travel blogger, she hired a car rental Indore for me, took me for a road trip. We discussed the upsides and downsides of long-term travel so that I can make an informed decision. I cannot thank her enough for that road trip, because of which I have a great life at present. 

No comments:

Post a Comment