Wednesday 6 June 2018

Why I Cannot Stop Eating While Traveling


It all started when I decided to go for food tourism. I had got a job in a media company where I was required to taste foods in various restaurants and review the place. In the beginning, I had though that it was a great job as I would get to travel and eat free of cost. However, it has now turned dramatic when I cannot stop eating; I have become a compulsive foodie. Let me share how my job gave me perks in the starting phase of my career.

My blog

I could be my own boss whenever I wrote about the foods I reviewed on my blog. In addition to the job, I would write a lot about food for my personal blog. I could design my website, write content for it, and get into the technicalities of my blog. It gave immense satisfaction to have that kind of creative freedom. I could imagine myself growing with time and have a team to work for me, which became true anyhow. Now I do review a lot of cuisines and have my team work on it. I always wanted to build a brand out of my name, and my blog has let me do it in all these years. In the previous few years, I could gather significant audience and monetize from the advertisements.

Compulsive eating

The worst part of being a food blogger is that it has turned me into a compulsive eater. No matter how full I am, I cannot stop eating. Although I am trying hard to quite binge eating, I am little successful at it. If I am at a wedding, for example, I would want to taste every single cuisine at the venue. I cannot leave the place unless I have at least a dozen samples in my stomach.

While traveling, I love to have an open packet of chips in front of me even if I am not hungry. After every few minutes, I like to touch the chips, bring them to my mouth, and probably not eat it. The fragrance of foods are sometimes enough to soothe my senses. I don’t know why I do it, but I buy more packaged food than I require.

Shopping for food

While shopping for groceries, I do not forget to purchase good number of biscuits, fruit cakes, nachos, chips, sodas, rolls, and what not. I know inside my heart that I am bursting my budget while overdoing the shopping thing, but I cannot stop myself. I once took an Innova for hire for Self Drive in Chennai, went straight to the market, shopped for countless foods, stuffed them in the car, and left for a solo road trip so that there is no one to interrupt me while eating as people often get too critical when they see me eating like that. I know that they are right when they interrupt; I can only say that I will try to quit my bad habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment