Thursday 25 October 2018

Things I Do To Achieve My Travel Goals Every Year


The first thing that I do every December is to create my travel goals for the next year; it helps me focus on the things I need to prepare and the money I need to save for the vacations. At any cost, I make sure I go for at least two vacations in a year, which may go up to four. It may sound too ambitious for the uninitiated, but I also used to be a person who would make excuses not to travel.  Then again, I realized it in time that I can always be too busy to travel and money will always be scarce according to my travel ambitions. Therefore, I started implementing a few strategies since 2015, and I have become a frequent traveler come 2018.

Save money

As I said, money is always too less for vacation plans. Earlier, I used to think that road trips require a lot of money whenever I saw the pictures of people on Facebook. Every other person seemed to travel abroad, which made me feel so low at times. However, I happened to talk to a couple of travelers who were fond of road trips around India. They had strategically combined luxury travel with budget travel. They would often travel in groups of 3-5 and split the costs to bring down the overall expense. They had also hired a Self-Drive Car Rental for a road trip to Spiti Valley.
The conversation with them made me realize that I do not need lakhs of rupees to go for road trips or even to travel abroad. Many beautiful countries are affordable to travel, and I started taking cues from travel bloggers since then. By saving just a few hundred or thousand rupees every month, I started accumulating a good amount of money, which I presently use to spend on holidaying in India. As I grow in my career, I would aim for foreign locations as well, but I am happy at whatever I am doing right now.

Having a companion

When I was a bachelor until last year, I had conflicting thoughts in my mind about marriage because I always thought that married people cannot travel much. On the other hand, the harsh reality was that I was not traveling much even when I was single. I would always ask my friends to go for a vacation with me, but everyone had their own tantrums. Surprisingly, I have got a wonderful travel partner as I got married to Anushka last year. She is the best travel buddy I have got as we have same interests whenever we go out of the city. Now I have stopped forcing friends to tag along, even though I ask them once or twice.

Prioritizing things

As I continue to work at my job, I have found out that I need to sort out many things so that I can travel more often. I used to keep myself occupied with unnecessary things such as gossips in the office, useless parties, talking to negative people, using too much of social media. I started sorting out these things and kept them on lowest priority since I needed to focus on researching about destinations I want to travel. Now I have more time to find out the lucky draws, travel contests, and attend bike rallies. I sleep early at night so that I can begin my day at a fresh note. Sorting out my life has made me a better and frequent traveler, which has indeed given me more peace in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment