Tuesday 4 December 2018

Why India is My First Choice for Solo Travel


Whenever I would hear about India from my friends in London, they would provide me with overwhelming information that confused me like anything. However, there was only one piece of advice that stuck in my mind- someone told me that different people have different experiences in India, which may be good or bad at times. The elderly lady told me that I should go to India to feel it myself.

When I landed in India at the Delhi airport, I did not feel anything that was unsafe. In fact, it was one of the cleanest airports I had ever seen. No doubt that the scenario outside the airport was not as pleasant as it was inside, I was open to what lay ahead that day. No mentioning the places that I visited in India, I would like to mention why I choose this land of Gods over and over again for traveling alone.

The ease of information

Internet has made things much easier than ever before in many countries including India. I researched about the places I intended to visit before leaving home, and found valuable material from the bloggers. Just like the situation is there in London, you cannot trust the commercial websites because they never tell the true information. These websites pay attention to inviting more readers and contain only positive information, and ignore the negative aspects of any place, which are obviously important to know for everyone.

The bloggers provide the right information that people like me need to travel to India, and that too alone. I could also talk to some of the writers and locals in India who would give me the real time account of any place. I once asked a person about the weather, safety standards, and food availability, and got the accurate data about that place. It was never as easy before.

The huge number of places

Each corner of India is a new country in itself. As of now, I have been to the south, north, and north-east India. All of these regions are just so mesmerizing and every state gives a different vibe. I now realize what my friends meant when they said that going to India is an overwhelming experience. When I was in the south, I saw the natural beauty at its best. When I was in the north, I witnessed the vibrancy of colors, joyful people of Delhi, and the most delectable food on earth. When I was in North-East India, I got to participate in the lively traditions and festivals with the locals. Every state in the country gave me unforgettable memories.

The ease of transportation

I never knew that the concept of car rentals existed in India. A friend of minutes found out Self-Drive Cars in Hyderabad, and we had a gala time in the city and its surrounding places. Similarly, I could find the car rentals in other metropolitan cities as well, but I did not dare to drive. Only the local drivers can maneuver the cars on the challenging roads of India.

I could easily book the cabs and auto-rickshaws using the mobile applications, which I did not know I could do in India. Railways and airlines were quite obvious to choose for long distances. The concept of manual rickshaw in Kolkata intrigues me, but I have not been there yet.

I loved India for being so vibrant, which makes it my first choice for solo travel. Not to mention that traveling in India is not too heavy on the pocket. I can go there zillions of times and never get bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment