Friday 22 February 2019

The Experience of Night Life in India


When it comes to living in India, my choice of place falls in Delhi, even though I love traveling to other parts of the country. After visiting so many cities in India, there is barely any city or town that I don’t like. There is something about every city, which fascinates me. When I am in Delhi, I like the nightlife of the city, even though it does not match the level of energy in Mumbai.

The best part about driving at night is that I don’t get much traffic in Delhi, unlike Mumbai where the roads are occupied at all times of the day. I have been to several road trips within Delhi and outside the city as well. I try to wake up around 2 am if I have to travel for more than 500 kilometers for the trip. And when I am in the city, I can drive until 3-4 am with friends, girlfriend, or anyone else.

Whenever I have to go for clubbing, I know that I will be drinking. Therefore, I choose not to drive at all on return. If there is a friend who is not drinking, he or she is the best option to accompany. If I don’t have any friend to drop me home, I prefer to pay for a cab. It is not that the sense of responsibility was always there in me; it is the Delhi police that taught me the right lessons at the right time.

Whenever there is an important occasion like Christmas, Holi, or New Year’s Eve, the number of people going for clubbing increases manifolds and so does the number of police personnel strolling outside the clubs. They check every driver for alcohol and if found guilty, they do not spare without a challan or bribe. For the fear of paying fine, I have learned to avoid paying them illegal money and pay that amount for a cab.

I have had an accident in the past when I was in Kolkata. Since the local traffic laws are not that strict in the city, I had taken an Innova for hire for Self Drive in Chennai and planned for a boisterous birthday party. I met my friends and we all went for a night party in a hotel. We all got heavily drunk and I decided to drive because I was confident that nothing can happen when I am driving. I have been driving for more than ten years, but that day was not a lucky one. Due to sheer carelessness, I banged the car in a tree because I was out of my senses. I could not take control of the car properly and it hit the tree. Thankfully, the speed of the car was not much and none of us got hurt.

That day still haunts me whenever I sit back and recollect my memories because it was the single bad accident that I had. Since that day, I drive responsibly for the sake of my safety and that of others. After having great night outs, there is no use risking the life of others along with mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment