Tuesday 2 January 2018

A Refreshing Visit to the Marine Drive in Mumbai



I can come to Mumbai over and over again, and never get bored. I, belonging to Indore, find this city as mesmerizing as any small-town person would do.  I do have a satisfying life back there in my hometown, but I love exploring the city of dreams called Mumbai, or Bombay, as many locals still call it. I have been to several places in the city during this time of my visit in the month of December 2017, and I decided to go to Marine Drive as well. I should have done it long ago, but somehow I had to postpone my plans. Anyway, this time I could not defer the visit anymore, and I took my friend along to explore the place. 

I knew that going to the Marine Drive during the day would be a foolish idea on a weekend because it would be densely crowded as usual. I did not want to get stuck in the traffic and then struggle to find a place to sit on the boulevard. I drove to Marine Drive with my friend, Kashish in the car rental we had taken for the night, and thankfully did not brawl to park it. 

Even though I come from the not-so-fast life of Indore, I still like to enjoy the urban peace of the Queen’s Necklace. The fast-paced existence of Mumbai can make anyone feel tired to death, so it does to me. And whenever I feel exhausted from traveling, I try to find out places like this to instill some sense of calm in my mind. No doubt that as soon as I reached Marine Drive, I felt the serenity and calmness. Although it was the rainy season in Mumbai when I was there, it did not downpour much. Nevertheless, the breeze was just so awesome while we sat on the stones. 

Just sitting at this place makes monsoons in Mumbai a lot more pleasant, though we have to be careful of the high tides. When the tides are too high, we get the constant splashes of water that come from the strong waves banging on the seashores below. Mumbai-kars also come to Marine Drive for a morning walk and evening saunter. The students from the neighboring colleges have it as their favorite hangout spot. And it is needless to say that this location has been the preferred choice of shooting movies for a long time.

We sat there for at least three hours and not for a moment; we felt bored. It is always soothing to be there at a place as serene as Marine Drive, but we had to leave for our upcoming destination, which was Churchgate Station. Although we did not have any local train to catch, we wanted to try some local food outside the place. We took our Self-Drive Car Rental Mumbai and drove off to the station. 

A few food stalls were there in place outside the Churchgate Station, and even at 3 am, we could see at least a few dozen people enjoying the delicacies. The station opens at 4 am, which makes many people wait outside the station for the first train of the day. While we had the refreshing tea, we quickly grabbed the maska bun, and placed the order for bhurji pao and egg tawa rice. Considering the crowd at the place, it is inessential to say that the food, as well as the tea, was just so scrumptious. We were a little tired, and it did not take us long to gorge the lip-smacking food.

With our stomachs stuffed with food, we sat back in our car and left for home. Although we were tired, the people of Mumbai were not. The cars were still running at high speed on the roads, and it appeared that the people still had a task to accomplish. Without a doubt, Mumbai never sleeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment