Monday 30 April 2018

Why I Quit Traveling in an Airplane in Style


When I had started traveling to different cities, I would go there all decked up, especially in airline travel. However, there have been reasons I tend to dress down wherever I go now.

The luxury is no more

In the earlier days, travel by air used to be more of a luxury than being an everyday thing. The scenario is just like owning a Smartphone, which would show a person's stature earlier, but is a just another regular thing now. Similarly, flying has become as ubiquitous as going for a road trip. Frequent flyers cannot travel like a celebrity every time, neither do I like doing so now.

Casual wear is the trend

Facebook and Instagram have opened the doors to peek into the lives of celebrities who themselves wear casuals and sportswear while flying. We used to consider the actors as our role models, who we thought always remained decked up. However, now we know that they also need their comfort while traveling just like any other human being. The casual wear is nowadays equally expensive as a designer dress, so I don't see any harm wearing them as and when I wish.

Image related upgrades

For someone who started flying in an airplane a few decades ago must remember that the airlines used to give an upgrade to someone who looked like he or she belonged to the first class. That is why; I could always hear someone or the other asking me to dress up nicely to get a free upgrade. Nevertheless, the airlines do not want to invite the criticism related to sexism, lookism, ageism, etc. That is why; they do not give an upgrade basis only looks, so there is no need to make an effort to look rich. I buy a business class ticket if I want to have some additional comfort.

Not worth the effort

Traveling in style is not worth the special effort any longer because I have been flying for quite some time now. Getting dressed up by spending an hour more brings the extra pain. Moreover, it just does not feel comfortable to sleep in a business suit or wear the tough footwear every time I have to rush to the washroom, which is already painful experience.
The airlines these days refrain from giving free upgrades basis their discretion. On the other hand, they may give me an extra privilege if I have extra air-miles or through the membership system. I would instead hire a car rental Pune to pamper myself if I want to, instead of sweating myself for a painful flying experience. Flying is not easy, trust me if you can. Airplanes just seem to be a luxury these days, but they are not especially the economy class seats. I cannot afford the business class seats every time, so I prefer to go by road if the distance is reasonable enough in the equal amount I would spend on an airlines ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment