Tuesday 1 May 2018

Why I Love Bangalore More than Any Other City in India


No matter where we are born, a village or a vast metropolitan, the place always remains close to our hearts. Then comes one place in the nation that accommodates everyone from every part of the world; such is the city of Bangalore. People from various cities and countries come to Bangalore to build their respective careers, and many make it their home forever. When you have lived in the City of Gardens for a long time, it becomes impossible to take it out of your heart.

The memories of school

The friends that you make in college and school are often the ones you can never leave, despite the number of fights and arguments you have. There was a friend in school, Alisha, with whom I used to commute. We used to have lunch at her home; her mother cooked delicious food for us, and I returned home around 6 pm only after attending tuitions with her. When you spend such length of time every day with a person for years in a row, it becomes impossible to take that person out of your heart. Although life happened, and we happened to live in different cities for college and job, we still meet once or twice in a year and cherish the time we had spent together in our childhood.

College in Mumbai was even more exciting than the time in school. I made quite a few friends in the college, went to parties with them, and a few vacations as well. However, despite staying for a few years in Mumbai, I still prefer to be in Bangalore any day.

What is great about Bangalore?

I have been to several metropolitans in the world such as the New York City, London, Mumbai, Paris, etc. Not everything about these places is as good as it seems. People seem to work all through the day and night, and still, they cannot find peace. It is my personal opinion that you have to be crazy about the materialistic things if you want to live this maddening life. I cannot live to work; I like to work only to sustain myself a reasonable standard of life. An existence without greed is the one I prefer, and I can have all of what I want in Bangalore.

In my hometown, I can travel domestically and internationally. It gives me the opportunity to drive fancy cars (not to mention the traffic jam), buy designer clothes and handbags, have decent investments, and still save for my holidays. I can rent Self-Drive Cars Bangalore in various models to drive to multiple neighboring places and have the time of my life with my friends and family. What else do I need in life? I don't want to live a dissatisfactory life where I can afford to live in a huge mansion, but my mind is not at peace.

I have been brought up with fundamental human values that my parents and relatives have given to me. They always taught me to stay away from a paycheck-to-paycheck sort of life, which I often see people doing, especially abroad. It makes no sense to me to pay a fortune for the rent of a beautiful apartment in a luxurious city when I can pay the EMIs for my house in Bangalore. My home city gives me a chance to live a modest yet modern life, and never forget my roots. People make their own choices in their lives, and I have made mine to live in Bangalore forever no matter what. 

No comments:

Post a Comment