Friday 18 May 2018

How I Prepared for a Road Trip around Pune


The first advice I took regarding a backpacking road trip is to get a good quality backpack. I asked the vendor about the kind of bag that I should buy and he suggested that I should go for a comfortable one with a couple of mesh pockets on the outside. The mesh is helpful to store water and wet clothes, which dry as I walk.

Things to keep

·         When I started packing for my first road trip from Pune, I was confused about the things I should keep in my backpack. I did not want to make it too heavy so that I could carry it around comfortably. The first thing, however, was a compact single-bed sheet. I knew that I would be sleeping in hostels where I might not get clean beds, and this bed sheet would come in handy at such times.

·         I had to prepare a folder that contained all my original documents, and the other with the copies of it. Travel tickets, hotel bookings, and driving license are just a few things that I kept in my folder. I also kept the soft copies of all other crucial documents so that I can at least get a print out in case I needed.

·         I also kept a foldable plastic bag so that I can put all the things that I purchase in it, and store it in my hostel. I wanted to keep the weight of the backpack below 15% of my bodyweight at all times.

·         I prepared myself to wash clothes while staying anywhere on my road trip. I kept the minimum clothes possible, which included a pair of jeans, three T-shirts, a few undergarments, and that’s it. No extra fuss in my bag regarding clothes. I needed space for the other things in my bag. 



The purpose of a road trip


Although I gave a lot of thought into packing my backpack, I knew that I will be buying a lot of things. The only thing that I had in mind was that I had to enjoy my time at its best. A road trip is meant to be on your own, whether you are with your friends or alone. Since I did not have any company of friends this time, I could do anything I wanted and go whichever place pleased me.

I thought of taking a car on rent in Pune, but postponed the plan for my next trip when I would go around with friends. This time, although it was my first solo trip, I did not feel any anxiety before boarding the bus. I got onto the bus as if I were a pro in road trips, and that I have been doing it since ages. The previous experiences of being with friends on the hills was significant support for me. In the eight hour journey from Pune, I thought a lot about my life, and felt grateful for it.

On my return journey, however, I was a little tired. The only best thing that happened when I was waiting for my luggage to arrive was that I could see my fiancé. A tight hug with him was all that I needed to express my love and longing for him. Without saying anything, I knew that I was in the best place in the world. My luggage sat behind me as I felt cozy inside his arms. No matter how far I go, I can never escape the love that he showers on me. I wait to go for many more road trips with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment