Thursday 3 May 2018

Things I Keep in Mind before Going for a Road Trip in India


Regardless of the region I choose for my road trip in India, I make sure I take care of at least a few things to make my vacation a success. Even though India is a diverse yet tricky country, I love going for vacations in various parts of it. In summer, the northern hills become a heaven on earth. And when it becomes unbearably cold in the North, I prefer going down south in the country so as to enjoy pleasant weather and see some of the most amazing sights in the world. Nonetheless, I have to have an impeccable car with me in addition to preparing other things.

Getting the car ready

I get my car serviced if I plan to take my car for the vacation, preferably from an authorized car dealer. I can, never in my life, forget to get the AC checked because many parts of India are miserably hot, even during supposed winter months. I made this mistake once when the AC of my car was creating some kind of slight noise, but I decided to get it repaired after I returned. However, that mere AC made my road trip as worse as hell because I was traveling to Bhopal, and no local mechanic could repair it well. I wasted a lot of time of my precious road trip on getting the AC mended.

The second thing I check is the tires of the car if they are worn out or not. If they need replacement, I cannot procrastinate it since I keep the security of my family on top priority. Moreover, I also check a spare tire in the boot for proper air pressure and a toolkit as well. In India, the roadside car mechanics can do almost anything you ask, but nearly all of them do one common mistake. They fill the tire with much more air than recommended, sometimes as high as 45 PSI when the recommended limit is 35 PSI. Excess air in the tires makes them heat up while covering long distances during summers. The Yamuna Express Highway is infamous for witnessing high number of accidents because of excessive air pressure in tires only because the brakes do not work well when the car imbalances on road. Moreover, the tires may also burst because of excessive heat in the tires. I can never imagine myself or my family going through such accidents because of my silly mistakes.

Other preparations
I had once taken a car on rent in Pune, so I did not have to take care of the car service, but other things only. I took the print out of Google Maps for my travel region because I could not rely on internet to work in the remote regions. Proper clothes, food, cash, cards, first-aid kit, and entertainment media are the other things that I need to check before I embark for my road trip. I like to go prepared everywhere rather than regretting things later.

No comments:

Post a Comment