Wednesday 29 August 2018

How I Embarrassed Myself on My Road Trip in Delhi


So I am just another youthful person with stupid feelings in her heart, and I cannot keep them to myself. I have lived all my life in Delhi, and I refuse to feel ashamed of the fact that I fall for cute guys. Moreover, I keep embarrassing myself at several occasions because I confess my love at first sight to everyone I like. This time, I was destined to make a fool of myself in front of Yash, the damn cute guy in my office.

I fell for him and day he entered the office last month, and the best part was that I was supposed to report to him. God had listened to me finally and I had already started planning my life with him in my mind. The names of the kids were decided, the venue of marriage was finalized, and I knew that I would have at least three paneer cuisines on my wedding!

So… he was not coming to office since last week and I was constantly in contact with him over the call. He wanted to discuss a presentation with me yesterday, and he called me to meet him over a coffee. It would be an understatement to say that I was jumping out of joy as I disconnected the call. His words were reverberating in my mind as he had said that he would rent a car without driver so that he could drop me home. A road trip or a drive date! Whatever it was, I was elated about it.

So it was 6 pm at Café Coffee Day when I went to meet him. As we discussed the presentation, my heart was pounding in my heart. Even though I knew that I should have calmed down, I could not. I finished the work somehow, and we left for the parking lot. The coffee still felt hot in my stomach, but I pacified myself as we went through the way talking about random things.

As he saw a beggar sitting on the pavement, he donated the burger that he had got packed from the café, and I was going all awe in my heart. When he returned, I told him that it was very sweet of him to do that. I was already imaging myself as his wife donating alms to the peddlers!

It was then that he dropped the nuclear bomb!

“Do not forget to praise me when you meet my girlfriend” he blurted out!

I just somehow controlled my emotions and stopped my mouth from dropping on the ground. My body was walking on the pavement, but I was numb from inside for like 30 seconds.

He dropped me home and that road trip was the worst ever drive date with anyone. For the rest of our journey, I felt so embarrassed and talked about random things just to keep communicating. And had a sigh of relief as I reached home!

Pheww!

No comments:

Post a Comment