Tuesday 25 September 2018

How Did I Spend My Weekend in Mumbai


When I have nothing to do at times, I try to spend time with myself. I just take out my car or bike, and just go for a road trip to enjoy the company of my own self. It is oddly satisfying to be on your own sometimes, even if not too frequently. So this time, I was there at home on a long weekend, and I could not decide on what to do. I thought of watching a movie, but rejected the idea. I often get too restless watching a movie at home. I have got a smart TV and a heavy-duty speaker attached to it. Still, the idea of sitting glued to a thing as useless as a TV seems bizarre to me. I prefer studying or reading something, but I was not in a mood to do that either. The next idea I had was to go and fetch a Domioes pizza and devour it shamelessly at home. But again, sitting at home was not a good idea that day and eating a pizza with cheese dripping from it doesn’t seem fun in a public place, at least to me.

Finally, I thought of spending some money on myself. I looked for Self-Drive Cars online and chose a Hyundai Creta for my road trip as I was too bored of driving my hatchback for so many years.  I immediately left for Khandala as soon as I received my car around six the next morning. Since it was a long weekend, I had all the time in the world to spend on myself.

I stopped my car at a tea seller, fetched a samosa and a cup of tea from him, and sat down leaning on my car. While enjoying my lovely snack and tea, I had random thoughts about the people wandering around there. Many people had come from far-off places to witness the beauty of Khandala. Even though it is just like other hill stations, the Bollywood movies have made this place utterly famous. I heard a kid saying, “Aati kya Khandala?” [Will you come to Khandala with me?

He must have heard this line from a famous song from a Hindi movie. Another couple, who seemed to have come from North India, was very excited about being in Mumbai. I think they belonged to a small town somewhere in the North, where the girl might not have lived the modern life. She was delighted to be with her family, and was having fun getting her pictures clicked in newly bought clothes.

I heard an elderly couple talking about their young age; they were discussing about the shy time they used to spend in the early years of their life. Since I could hear their conversation clearly, I smiled at one point of time and they smiled back as they realized that I was overhearing them. I immediately moved from there and drove ahead to carry on my journey- a solo trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment