Wednesday 26 September 2018

How I Met Wonderful Travelers in my Hometown


When you are there in your hometown after a long stint in the metropolitans, your main focus is to enjoy and have homemade food as much as possible. I was doing the same thing when I went to my home town in Alwar last month. I had to stay there for three weeks, which meant I was going to put up a lot of weight. However, I am in a serious business of social media promotions, which means I cannot afford to gain a lot of fat at this point of my life. Therefore, I joined a gym where I would just go and mind my own business for most of the time. I had this wrong perception in my mind that I would not get along well with people, so I barely bothered to talk to them.

I was entirely wrong in my preconceived notions as it turned out that a few people were actually had interesting lives. I took off my earphones one day and decided to run on the treadmill like that. It was unusual for me to do that, so it took me a few minutes to adjust to the noise of the gym, the atmosphere of which was certainly not very gym-like. However, I happened to overhear the talks of a group. Three guys were talking about their biking trip to the Spiti Valley.

Now that’s what caught my attention. After a long time, I had found my soul brothers in Alwar. I went closer, hopped on to another machine and listened to their tales of adventure. For some reason, they also noticed that I was smiling hearing them. Unlike Delhi, where people often take offense at such acts, these guys invited me to join them.

The first thing they asked me was about my city of residence. I was not surprised about their judgment because I look evidently different from people in Rajasthan. After I introduced myself, I told them that I also want to go to the Spiti Valley next year, and if they could suggest things. Naveen was the guy who got along particularly well with me. I shared my contact details with him and asked me to join them for a bike ride the next morning. They all were going to see the local historical monuments and have food at exotic restaurants.

I would have been a fool to say no to them!

A Yes immediately came out of my mouth, and I joined them at 5 am the next morning. While exploring the local wonders, we had great moments of laughter and deep discussions. I suggested that we can look for cheap car rentals for our road trip to the mountains, which was a naïve idea to them, but they happily agreed to it.  

It was a wonderful day indeed, and I had an amazing time. I hope to meet them soon when I will go to Alwar again, which is not too far for sure. Home calling!

No comments:

Post a Comment