Tuesday 11 September 2018

How I Go for Safe and Happy Family Road Trips


Indian roads are infamous for ranking among the most dangerous ones in the world. Just drive on a highway or an inner street once to realize what I am talking about. However, despite every danger lurking on the Indian roads, I cannot sit at home for the fear of encountering a car crash. I just take care of a few things whenever I am traveling with family since I am highly fond of extended road trips.

The speed breakers and road bumps even on the national highways are highly unpredictable. That is why; I make sure that I wear a seat belt and make the fellow passengers do so as well. The rear seats in my car also have the seat belts, so there is no scope for the people sitting in the backseat to make any excuse. It is uncomfortable indeed, but I don’t listen to any excuses if there is anyone from outside the family who does not want to comply.

I prefer to have one more driver in the car on extended road trips who can drive if I feel tired or sick. Either ways, I can enjoy driving as well as enjoy the roadside scenery. However, there have been a couple of chances when I or someone else forgot the key in the car. It had become a messy situation to recover the key when I was in Alwar.

When we are traveling for more than 500 kilometers, the journey becomes very hectic. Therefore, keeping the car clean becomes even more important. We always carry a few rags, a few days of newspaper to clean the windows. The newspapers also help whenever it is raining, and we can spread them on the car floor to avoid making the car dirty.

I never forget to keep the papers of the car with me, especially when we have to cross the borders. Moreover, many toll booths come on the way, and it really helps to deal with the state police when I have the toll receipts with me. Some policemen might create an issue for the people coming from other states. I don’t want to hide the fact that most of them are looking for bribe on the pretext of missing papers. I don’t want to bribe them for anything that I have not done, so I prefer to be prepared.

The most important thing while traveling on the hills is fuel. I have faced an instance when I was stranded in the middle of nowhere when the fuel in my Fortuner Self Drive Rental finished too quickly than I had thought. I had to wait for a long time for help to come, and I never want to face such a situation again. Therefore, as soon as the needle crosses the halfway mark, I get the tank refueled to the top. It is always better to be on the safer side than to be sorry for any situation later. I love to make fond memories, not the unpleasant ones, so I travel with a good preparation.

No comments:

Post a Comment