Tuesday 27 November 2018

What Makes Me The Favorite Co-Traveler of My Friends?


The only reason that my friends love to tag me along on their vacations is that they know I will never refuse. I never take unnecessary leaves just because I know that I will have to travel any day of the month. And whenever my friends and family have to go to a new place, they would ask me and know that I won’t refuse. And how has it happened that I became an avid traveler?
It happened by chance that I went for my first vacation with my group of friends four years ago, apart from which I had traveled only with the family. I don’t say that the family vacations are boring, but you have to choose your destination carefully. I cannot go for an adventure trip with my parents because I know that they will not be able to trek on the mountains or go for bungee jumping. Such trips are good to go only with friends or even alone. However, when I have to go to the religious places or any other relaxed places, I love to go with my parents and other relatives. Both companies have their own fun, and enjoy being with them. The only thing that I should derive with a travel plan is to see new places. The plan should add some value to my bucket list, or I would prefer to slog in office.

Spotting tickets

After traveling to so many places in the last four years, I realize that my room is full of things that remind me of my vacations. I often spot plane tickets, hotel bookings print outs, and museum tickets in the room and the house. And I never call them a mess; these things are souvenirs for me that give me instant gratification. I can recall the activities that I did on my previous road trips and the moments that I shared with my loved ones.

My luggage

Mom has scolded me zillions of times to remove the backpack from my bedside so that the maid could clean the floor properly from there, but I don’t listen. I have told her millions of times that I love to see my luggage there and it is now a part of my room décor. I don’t intend to remove it or put it in the cupboard because I might have to travel any day. That is why; my friends know that whenever they ask me for a spontaneous trip, I would be ready in an hour, unlike others who take a long time to pack their bags and it frustrates many other guys in the group. Last time we took a car on rent in Delhi, the three members made us wait for three hours! Too much it was!

The recommendations

There are times when I have already seen a place and I don’t wish to go there again unless it is urgent. The ones who are going there would ask me for recommendations of hotels, restaurants, and popular tourist places. I don’t mind telling them either, along with my personal insights. Moreover, even if I have not seen a place, I know how to research on the internet. I would take just 30 minutes or an hour to recognize the sites that one should visit and the places that they should skip.
It has been a lovely experience being an avid traveler, and I love it when people ask me about different places in the world. However, I know that I am just a tiny creature of the world, and I still need to explore many more hidden gems in different countries. And this journey is never going to stop until my last breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment