Tuesday 20 November 2018

Why I Don’t Quit Traveling Despite Facing Challenges?


Someone asked me in my office that I always tell them the difficulties I faced while traveling, so why don’t I quit traveling? Yes, he had a point, but I also had an answer. I asked him whether he will listen to my stories if I would tell him all the pleasant things. Wouldn’t it get too boring to narrate the stories of places of saw and the cuisines I ate? Moreover, challenges are a part of a journey, which I learned with time and I love those problems.

Leaving home for a long trip is pain; a real pain for sure. No matter I want to leave my comfort zone when I get bored of my regular life. However, when it is time to leave home for a long time, I feel the discomfort in my heart and mind. Moreover, I hate leaving the family behind for more than a week. I know that I would miss my family, friends, pets, and even the stray dogs in my street. Still, I cannot convey my anxieties to my family because they would never let me leave otherwise.

In contrast, the other challenge that I face is returning home after a long time. Just like I find my comfort zone in a regular job and routine, I find the same in wandering around doing random things. It is really tough to leave that solace that I get when I am on the road. In the backdrop, I know that the money in my bank account is vanishing and I need to go home soon, but I never want to do that. I want to be traveling all the time, which makes it even harder to go home again.

In addition, it also distresses me to see that I got out of the city to gain new experiences, but everyone else back home is busy in their mundane lives. Mom still complains about the faulty internet and TV connection. Dad keeps complaining about the politics in his office. And my friends never stop gossiping about people who make more money than them. I don’t want to call them losers, but in a way, they are. They are really harsh words for the people I love, but it is true that when you gain more than your peers, you cannot stop pitying them, if not hate them. I hate myself for saying that, but I have grown a lot more than my peers. I would never say that I don’t like them, but I cannot be like them again. I like to stay attached to my roots, yet, I like to fly high.

I have traveled to many cities in India in the last few years, and I knew that many of these places were not very safe. When I was in Varanasi, I had to be double careful about my belongings and well-being. I could never take my safety for granted because those staring eyes and incidents of crimes made me anxious. When I decided to do the bungee jumping, I knew that I could not guarantee my life. Still, I wanted to kick myself to come out of the box and I did so.

I hired Self-Drive Cars in Bangalore when I had to travel to the remote corners of Karnataka. And I took a flight when I had to travel from Bangalore to Kolkata, but nothing deterred me from being a passionate traveler. I have faced and I still deal with a lot of challenges, but nothing stops me from being who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment