Tuesday 29 January 2019

Why I Don’t Like to Come Back from Vacations


Why would I? I can bet on anyone to give me just one reason to return to life from a beautiful vacation. If I had unlimited money, I would have never returned home. Many other social obligations push me to return home, but I would never do that if I had a choice. Nonetheless, there is no use living a fictional life and I have to join back regular things as soon as I come back. The worst thing about coming from a fantastic vacation is the fatigue that I cannot bear. However, I have learned techniques to bear the exhaustion over time.

Sleep, sleep, and sleep

I just love sleeping. I can sleep for many days with minimal eating without bothering anyone, but it bothers other people that I sleep so much. My family would keep asking me if I want to eat some food. Initially, it would irritate me that they poke me so much, but now I understand their concern. Over time, they have also understood that I just need to sleep as much as I want after a vacation. Things do become tiring when you are out of the town with or without family. Mom and dad have a habit of sleeping for only an hour extra if they feel tired of traveling too much, but they let me take a long slumber now.

A great siesta works for almost every ailment in my body. If I feel feverish, I sleep. If I feel low on energy, I sleep. If my stomach is upset, I just sleep. Perfect cure for every minor ailment. I always tell my parents that I can cure myself without any money. Just give me a bed and a cozy blanket, and I am good to go. So I just take an extra day from my holidays for travel, return a day before joining office, and just die for the world. No wonder I wake up refreshed the next day, even though it feels frustrating to go to office.

Eat light

Homemade light food is the best when it comes to curing my heavily loaded stomach. Usually when I travel, I eat a lot of junk food, unintentionally most of the times. I cannot help but eat whatever comes my way, of course because I cannot expect too much of healthy food on the go. That is why; when I come home, I prepares soups and lentils for myself and have them for a day or two.
On my last trip, I was there with my friends and we had hired best Self-Drive Cars in Hyderabad for our road trip. We ate as much of junk food as we could while taking stops on the highway for local food. Although I could not find the chicken biryani I was looking for, I did taste a lot of other heavy non-vegetarian foods. And when I came home, all I ate was porridge and khichdi and they rejuvenated me like anything.

Nonetheless, vacations are awesome, but they give a huge setback when it comes to getting back to routine. I still bear the pain bravely! Wink!

No comments:

Post a Comment