Wednesday 16 January 2019

How My Solo Trips Evolved Into Group Vacations


I hated people. Yes, I dislike people so much that I sometimes wondered if there was something wrong with me. And in reality, there was something actually not right with my personality. I had become too detached to people. The sad part is that I knew that I needed to improve but I could not initiate the process. It was becoming too much for me to bear and when I could not do anything, I just went out for a solo road trip.

Going alone

When you are alone, you have a distinct advantage of being yourself. I utilized the most of this time since I knew that I could be myself without fearing the scrutinizing eyes of my colleagues and family. I wanted to be on my own for a couple of days so that I could unwind and relieve all the stress that had accumulated in my mind. It was tough, but I had to do it.

The first time I talked to someone was when I had to park my car in the hotel parking lot. It was such a relief to finally have someone who would smile at me nonetheless. I ventured out for many such road trips alone so that I can be comfortable at communicating with strangers. I would feel my heart pounding in my chest during the initial few days, but then it normalized later. It helped a lot to be open to conversation and this change was visible clearly in office.

Going for group vacations

As I had started evolving as a social person, I liked talking to people. I made a few friends and we started hanging out with them. I was on seventh heaven when I got a chance to go for a road trip with my office colleagues. We booked Self-Drive Cars in Hyderabad and we hit the road at night. We shifted the driving duty and had a blast while traveling.

It is difficult to pen down how I felt when I actually connected with people straight from the heart. The superficial talks that I had initiated deliberately in the beginning had started giving fruits. An introvert jerk had started becoming an extrovert dude. I loved being in the company of people, which was the result of just one thing, and that is solo travel.

Traveling alone gave me ample confidence to take decisions whenever it was crucial. I did not have anyone to depend on, which is why, it had become easier for me to take quick decisions. I also learned that I can enjoy my own company and be with people as well. I am no more uncomfortable with people around me. Nonetheless, I need my personal space at times.

I have learned how to define boundaries when it comes to social life and personal space. I have got friends who would back me in tough situations. I am glad that I ventured out for vacations alone; it helped me to become a better person.


No comments:

Post a Comment