Wednesday 22 April 2020

How My Husband Plays My Best Travel Companion


What comprises a great travel companion? Humor, laughter, practicality, and cooperation-all these are the traits that I feel must be there in someone who gives you great company on a holiday. My husband is one person in the world who has never failed me over a vacation. I brag about this even more because I was highly fond of solo travel before I met him. Now you can say that I travel solo with him! What an ironic statement is that!

I said that because I love traveling only with him, after we have tried going in groups. It is difficult to maintain sanity with everyone’s differences in a group. Everyone wants to go to different places, eat different things, and do different activities. I just cannot cope with that on a vacation where I am supposed to enjoy!

That is why; I prefer going only with my husband who wants to do the same things as me. Even if we want to enjoy different pursuits, I don’t stop him, neither does he.

Enjoyment

A travel companion must be a great buddy, and my husband is the one. He doesn’t need to be told what to do. In fact, he is even better than me at finding humor in random situations. He can make a donkey out of a man in his imagination, and vice versa. Even when I feel gloomy, he is the one to cheer me up.

Safety  

Apart from enjoyment, safety is really important for me as a woman. When I used to travel solo, I tried hard to showcase a confident face, but I was slightly scared all the time in my heart. My husband is really protective for me, and every other woman in is closed circles. I have seen him standing up for his family and sometimes for random women as well, and I appreciate that about him. I know that I am safe when he is around, which gives me a lot of peace of mind.

Comfort

He is the one who has made me realized that comfort must be prioritized over money. When I used to travel solo, I would always book the train tickets to any place in India because I love Indian Railways for their economical price and reachability throughout the country. When I first suggested him train travel for our trip to Chennai, he laughed over it. He convinced me that having Car Rentals in Bangalore is a better option because we will be more comfortable in that. And when we had to go to Manali, he straightaway booked the flight rather than going by road. Now I also feel that it is better to save time, even if we have to spend a little extra money.

I am definitely more adventurous when I am with my husband. He has my back all the time whenever I feel discouraged to go for rock climbing, horse riding, and what not! I can depend on him for almost everything that is on my mind. What else can I ask from a travel companion?

No comments:

Post a Comment