Tuesday 5 May 2020

How I Worked on India Travel Photos


There is a world of difference between where I used to be on the social media and where I am now. While doing travel photography, I always wondered that despite having good photos of great locations, why am I not able to attract audience on Instagram and Facebook? I got the answer during a travelers’ conclave in Delhi where I got an opportunity to meet dozens of travel bloggers, many of whom were doing great in their field. Let me share what I gained from the kind bloggers during that meeting.

Don’t underestimate India

A blogger very rightly said that I must never underestimate India for the photo opportunities. There are millions of places and people whom I can click, edit, and publish. It dawned on me that day that even though I stay in a developing country, I still have a lot to see in my country. I had, by then, traveled to a few foreign countries, and was still not satisfied. One more thing is that it takes a lot of money to travel abroad, while I can suffice with relatively less money in India. I decided to expand my photography in my home country, and the results were awesome. Since then, I have traveled to at least 30+ cities in India, and I still have a long list of places to visit.

The time of the day

I had always been lazy about waking up early in the morning, but my fellow bloggers told me not to be a lazy bum and wake up as soon as possible to explore Delhi. They told me to go to Old Fort, Pragati Maidan, Connaught Place, etc. I must confess that these places were awesome after sunset and before sunrise. Just by waking up early and reaching my photo destination an hour before the perfect time, I could plan my photo shoot. I shot the Char Minar when I was working for shooting Car Rentals in Hyderabad. There is a lot to learn about a place when you shed the laziness.

The tripod

A good quality tripod was a great investment for my work. I could do the twilight shoots at ease without having to worry about a blurred shot. The landscape shoots on my Instagram page are a hit just because of that tripod that I now carry everywhere. I has helped me to escape the deadly trend of clicking selfies as well. I don’t like to click a picture with my nose protruding into it, and now I just tell someone to stand with me when I set up my phone on the tripod.

Funny scenes

India is full of funny scenes and people doing humorous acts, especially in the small cities and villages. The western audience is particularly fond of seeing that side of India that amuses them. I don’t mean to disgrace my country, so I try to show the beautiful, as well as, the humorous side of it in the photos.

I give all the credit in the enhancement of my work to my fellow bloggers and photographers. I still look forward to upscale my work even more in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment