Thursday 9 August 2018

How a Trip to Mumbai Turned Hilarious


Absentmindedness is a sin, they say, but it turns out funny for me every time. I am fond of traveling and I can hit the road at any given chance. My office wanted me to be there in Mumbai for a month so that I can give presentations to our clients on various projects. I obviously did not have a problem with it, but I made a mistake. I chose to live with my friend rather than staying at a hotel, which meant I had to spend at least one additional hour on the messy roads of Mumbai. Anyway, I was prepared for it because I did not want to get bored every night in the city for one complete month.

I took the flight and reached my friend’s place in Andheri. I had taken a week’s leave so that I could prepare well for my presentations, but I would sneak out time to visit places in Mumbai. Every day, I woke up early in the morning, and worked for a few hours on my laptop. Once the peak rush hours were over, I would leave to roam around the streets of Mumbai. I did not want to miss this opportunity to explore a new metropolitan. Although I don’t like urban travel, I don’t mind wandering around new cities free of cost. I came back home in the evening so that I could spend some more time for work. Thankfully, I did not have to depend on the crowded local trains and I could take Self-Drive Car on rent Mumbai for my travel needs.

Anyway, coming back to the blunder that I did, I had to join office on the coming Monday and I was getting ready for work. I was late, by three minutes or more. It was important to reach office on time because I was supposed to give a lot of Powerpoint presentations. I raced down to the parking area and entered my car. However, I felt that the pockets of my pants were lighter than normal that day, and it dawned upon me that I had forgotten my phone in the room.

I did not have time to search it in the room, so I called my friend to look for it. His phone rang and he answered it. I told him that I had left my mobile in the flat, and he should look for it. He was surprised at what I said, but I interrupted him and said I was coming to pick the phone up.

He: Stop it Rohan, wait and listen to me. You are talking to me on your mobile phone!

I was flabbergasted!

Obviously that was the most stupid thing of my life. I started the car and rushed to office, though we shared tremendous laughter over my foolishness that night. Thank God, I had not asked him for my car keys after entering the car! He might have banned me from coming over his place again!


No comments:

Post a Comment