Wednesday 13 May 2020

How I Stay Fit and Healthy in India on My Holiday


Whenever I go for a long vacation in India, my first concern is to stay healthy throughout my stint. Even though I have got habitual to take precautions, I still have to be mindful about it. The best thing to do when I am in India is to take adequate rest. If I am not properly rested, I have to stress myself to travel around, which must be a delightful activity otherwise. On the other hand, if I am fresh in my mind, everything I do becomes a pleasure to do.

The next thing that I find a must-do for myself is to be wary of the food and water that I consume. I can take more care about the food than water because everything that is served on my plate is cooked from water whose purity is never guaranteed. When I came here for the first time, my immune system was not prepared for everything that I had consumed out of sheer taste and greed. It is easy to overeat in India because the new delicacies that they serve are so delicious that you cannot say no to it. However, you have to take care about the amount you can digest, especially the desserts made at home.

The gulab jamun, for example, is so delectable that I could not refuse it when my friend’s mom served it one after another. I ate six gulab jamuns in one go as they felt light on my stomach, and were so soft that I gobbled down six in a row. Everyone around me laughed at my act, but they cheered as I ate more and more. Hospitality in India is incredible, but it can take you to the hospital!
Thank God, I did not have to visit the hospital that night, but I swear I had to spend the entire night with my hand at my stomach, and frequent visits to the toilet!

I had booked the Car Rentals in Delhi for the next day to travel to Jaipur with my friend, whose mom was the chef the previous night, but we had to postpone our plans for the day. After that day, is swore to myself to never do overeating in India, no matter how much someone cheers for me or forces me. Now whenever I visit someone’s home for a meal, I eat my food deliberately slowly so that no one refills my plate unless I ask for it.

Another favorite thing to do in India is to carry a plastic bowl and a knife with a cover in my bag. I am not a fan of fruit that is cut already for sale on the stalls. But I like to eat fresh fruits, so I buy them from the vendors readily available everywhere in India, wash them thoroughly until I am satisfied, cut them on my own, and eat them fresh. I take watermelon and similar fruits to the hotel, cut them there, refrigerate them, and then eat them.

Maintaining health and boosting immunity in India has now become a habit, which is never going to leave my mind. Therefore, I don’t mind visiting India at all, even it is for a year now.

No comments:

Post a Comment