Thursday 21 May 2020

Why My Wife is My Best Travel Partner


As they say, everything in the world seems rosy and gorgeous when you have a good life-partner. And the same beautiful things seem worst when the partner is not compatible with you. This article is not about marriage or compatibility, but how and why I like to travel with my wife. I have seen incompatible couples who cannot stop arguing throughout the day, no matter they are out for a vacation or they are at home.

Even I have my arguments with my wife, Reina, but we both have a mutual understanding to solve the matter as soon as possible. Ideally, it should take us more than a day to solve the serious matters, and the trivial things should not stretch beyond and hour. Thankfully, we both have the brains to quickly calm down when we are angry and the matters do not stretch beyond the line. Nonetheless, here are the other reasons why I love traveling with her:

Traveling style

We have the same expectations from our vacations, which is why it becomes easy to take decisions. Concerning accommodations, for instance, we like to stay in luxury hotels when the city doesn’t have many options to do activities or the places to visit. We like to take a luxurious room in a beautiful resort when we just want to relax for a day or two.

On the other hand, we book a room in the cheapest accommodation available when there are numerous activities to do at our destination. When we were in Bali for our honeymoon, even then we didn’t spend lavishly on the hotel rooms. Still, every resort in Indonesia is gorgeous, no matter the price. Even though we spent all the day roaming around the city, we could be at leisure once we returned to the hotel in the evening.

Food habits

Both of us are non-vegetarians, so we do not hesitate to experiment with foods wherever we are in the world. We have tried eating different types of seafood in India and abroad. I can eat seafood anywhere in the world, but Reina prefers to have it only at the seaside because she likes it fresh without the stink on her platter. When we had hired Car Rentals in Goa, we explored several restaurants in the north and south while exploring the beaches and museums. Even though she is not a hardcore non vegetarian person like me who likes meat every day, it is easy to be with her over the meals. We can order one thing and share it rather than ordering things separately and overdoing our budget.

Photography

I was never a photo-freak person, neither I am now. Still, since the day I have met Reina, she has made me fond of getting clicked. I can be satisfied in just a couple of pictures, she has to get snapped at least a dozen times before saying OK. Yes, it does get irritating at times to snap so many times, but it is fine at the end of the day.

After all, it is the overall compatibility that matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment